David A. Tucker, MSAOM, L.Ac, LMT
I see myself as truly fortunate that what I'm most passionate about is also what I get to do for a living! This was not always the case.
In the summer of 2001, I left the "dot-com" industry to go live at a Buddhist Zen Center. It was then and there that my life clicked into place. I discovered Zen meditation, martial arts, and Chinese Medicine - what would become the natural trifecta of my life to continually guide me and ground me.
I did my TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) training, receiving a Masters of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Bastyr University and my Massage training through the Brenneke School of Massage. My clinical residency in Chinese Medicine was finished in Shanghai, China, completing shifts in internal medicine, psychiatry and trauma.
In pursuit of wanting to work with the more mental/emotional/spirit levels of Chinese Medicine, I sought out a second system of Chinese Medicine – Classical Five Element Acupuncture, training in Portland, OR and San Francisco, CA for an additional three years of study.
In more recent years, and with a desire to go deeper within myself and how I connect with people and the world around me, I began extensive training with Thea Elijah, a long-time practitioner of Five Element Acupuncture and Sufism. Her "Whole Heart Connection" and "Living the Elements" work has been an integral part of my professional and personal journey. I just completed a 2-year mentorship program with her and am excited to carry the work forward. For more information, check out her website.
I have been a practicing Zen Buddhist since 2001, having lived at Buddhist Zen Centers on the east and west coast, practicing in both the Japanese and Korean traditions of Zen. I received my Buddhist name "Won Shim" meaning Original Mind, in 2007 under Zen Master Ji Bong. I have enjoyed teaching meditation and qigong classes at several venues around Seattle, including Starbucks Corporate Offices, Embrace the Moon School for Taijiquan and Qigong, Bastyr University, and Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine (SIOM).
On a more personal note – I train in multiple martial arts, play various musical instruments, am learning to become fluent in Spanish, and striving each day to be a more present father to my amazing 8 year-old son, Sebastian.
Training and Education
• Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine - Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Currently Enrolled
• Worsley Five Element Acupuncture, Teacher Training Advanced - 2019
• Mentorship Program (2 year), Whole Heart Connection, Thea Elijah - 2019
• Worsley Five Element Acupuncture, Teacher Training Basic - 2018
• Masters of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – Bastyr University, 2005
• Dipl. of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – NCCAOM, 2005
• Certificate (2 years post-grad) – Classical 5 Element Acupuncture – FEAT, 2007
• Certificate (1 year) – 5 Element Acupuncture – ASOM, 2004
• Acutonics Sound Healing Level I/II – Kairos Inst. of Sound Healing
• Licensed Massage Practitioner – Brenneke School of Massage, 2003
• BS in Business Management – SUNY Buffalo, 1999
Karin Holt, RN, M.Ac, L.Ac
Karin Holt is a nurse, an acupuncturist and an advocate for comprehensive integrative
medicine. Karin trained in nursing at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing. During her clinical
work with oncology patients at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, she developed an interest in
mitigating physical and mental symptoms that impacted the quality of life for people engaging
intensive medical therapies. She trained in Five Element Acupuncture and the School of
Philosophy and Healing in Action (SOPHIA) at the Maryland University of Integrative Health
when it was Tai Sophia.
Karin now offers treatment and consultation in the traditions of Chinese and Western medicine to mitigate physical and emotional challenges, while cultivating resilience and capacity to live life to its fullest. Karin grounds her Chinese medicine treatments in the Five Element method, while integrating principles from TCM, Dr. Tan’s Balance Method and methods taught by Jeffrey Yuen, as applicable.
Training and Education:
• Post-baccalaureate certificate in Chinese Herbs, Maryland University of Integrative Health, 2018
• Masters in Acupuncture, Maryland University of Integrative Health, 2011
• Registered yoga teacher (RYT 200), student of Kim Manfredi of Baltimore, MD
• Bachelor of the Science of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, 2003
• Diploma in Massage Therapy, East-West College of the Healing Arts, Portland, OR, 2001
• Bachelor of Arts, Macalester College, St. Paul, MN, 1998
Katy Grace Ball, LMT
I believe that we have more power and control over our health and wellbeing then we remember or give ourselves permission to believe. I am a passionate and dedicated holistic health practitioner that believes that no one knows their body more than themselves. It is my greatest joy to help you unfold and follow that map and internal compass to keep you aligned and living your most healthy vibrant life.
Since 2000 I have had a passion and curiosity for holistic health. When I became a massage therapist in 2003 I continued my studies in health coaching, yoga, meditation and energy work, because over the years found myself working with smart and passionate people who were ready to make big breakthroughs with their health. I saw a huge need for expanding my scope of practice after helping clients find freedom from pain, create ease of movement, and better peace of mind with the follow up care after appointments. There were questions about how to sustain that feeling of balance in the body… like what stretches should I do? what food is good for decreasing inflammation, or helping me to sleep better? It was in helping my clients with these nuanced details of self care that catapulted my massage practice to take on a more holistic approach.
Then in 2015 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I took my 15 years of holistic health care knowledge and became my own science lab, one in which I would heal myself from this disease. I had a choice... I could let MS be my story, or let it be the platform to step into my strength. I became my own health coach and turned everything back on myself from diet and exercise to self care, and radically changed my life.
With my new found strength and profound insight of the first hand experience of the power of healing, I help inform and guide my clients to transform their lives, to see, feel, and live the reality of their health goals come to fruition from a place of deep listening and compassion, one that inspires and brings out the inner strength that fuels what is possible in health and wellness.
Being a health coach with 17 years of a therapeutic massage background I blend massage techniques within the context of your health goals and we work together to create a body free of pain, with ease of movement, and peace of mind. You will leave your sessions with care that holistically keeps your body in balance so you can move freely about your life!
Training and Education:
• Institute for Integrative Nutrition 2020
• Primal Health Coaching Institue, Primal Mastery Course 2019
• RYT in the style of Iyengar yoga since 2012
• Brenneke School of Massage EPLP 2003
• Training in Power 2002
• Star Flower Essence Academy 2001
• Usui Reiki Certification 2000